Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

Wow! It has been a while since we've talked, and I'd love to hear all of your updates! School is sort of eating my life right now - which you probably know from Facebook. But! Thanksgiving break has been a very very wonderful thing. I'm now on my fourth draft of one paper, third of another, and I'm very close to being ready to present both! It feels so much better than it did a month ago when I was panicking that I wouldn't have anything to say. Now it's just surviving the three weeks between Thanksgiving and Winter Break and that's the easy part!

Anyway, the family and I went to see Big Hero 6 yesterday and it was cute. I'm very excited for lots of upcoming movies so I hope they'll still be around when school is out.

Cassie and I are very crazy and have been working on editing our novel through all of this. That is definitely something I'm thankful for, because it has given me an excuse to take a break more than once (okay, more than LOTS), and it has provided a very good distraction. If we haven't sent you a copy to read, and you want to read it, let us know! We're always looking for more feedback! (Actually, I should probably check that with Cass first, but I'm sort of assuming it's okay?)

As for things I'm thankful for, I'm thankful this crazy semester is almost over, and that I'm almost halfway through this ridiculous program. I'm thankful for everyone who has helped me get through it, because this semester has been particularly hard, mentally and emotionally. I'm thankful that we've all kept in touch so well, and that I got to see ALL of you for the first time in four years.

And speaking of Thanksgiving, I know it isn't practical, because we all have our own traditions, but how much fun would it be to have a friends Thanksgiving? Turkey and stuffing and fancy dinner around a huge table (got to fit in those of you with significant others and all) and just having a really fun time! We seriously need to get together more often, and when all of us are less busy!

I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment