Sunday, December 15, 2013

'Tis Life!

Life has, indeed, been a little crazy here as well.  I look forward to hearing from all of you, since it sounds like we've all been a little busy.

For starters, the fall semester is now officially over.  Grades are posted on Tuesday, and to my knowledge, I have three As and one B.  Exams went better than I thought they would.  The one that I was most worried about - Civil Law - was actually one of the easiest.  Business Law was the problem child, even though it was only fifteen questions (more of a quiz, really).  Then there was that insane research project I had to do in lieu of an exam for Legal Research and Writing.  We were given a scenario and, in a style similar to that which we would use in the field, we had to pinpoint all of the legal issues within the scenario and then research the answers.  After weeks of panicking and stress, I got a full score!  I have only one more semester to go, and then I can hopefully get a job and get a life  on track.  Living with Mom is okay - I love her more than anything in the world - but I'm very, very ready to be on my own.  Mom laughs at me because I have had a Zillow account for months now.  I'm on the app and/or website almost daily, looking at new listings in the area.

I did, however, have to take a couple of breaks during exam week, right?  Right.  On the 7th, Mom, Angie, and I went to see Wicked at the theatre downtown.  It was awesome!  The vocalists were really good, and there was even a twist at the end that I didn't see coming at all, despite having lived with Cassie for two years  =P  I liked the humor, and the intelligence of the plot, and the origins of the characters.  I have to keep the Wicked plotline seperate in my head, though, since my Oz story still isn't set in stone.  After the show, we went out to dinner at Red Robin (yuuummmmmm!), and the Angie and I went to see Frozen.  Another amazing show.  Anyone who hasn't yet seen this movie should find the time to do so because it is completely worth it.  It was really interesting for us in particular because there are a lot of similarities between Frozen and Wicked.  There really isn't a real villain in Frozen.  Like in Wicked, there are bad people, but no overarching evil force.  It's about being misunderstood, not being evil.

Since exams ended this past Thursday, I've been cleaning and baking.  I put together the dough for Christmas cutouts today (well...some of the Christmas cutouts...), and I will likely be baking them tomorrow.  There are a lot of cookies to be made this year, so I think I'm going to do it in phases, since I also have a lot of crafting to do before Christmas gets here.  You guys will forgive me if presents are late this year, right?  Because I might run out of time  =P  I'm completely finished with my non-crafting Christmas stuff.  I actually finished my shopping and wrapping weeks ago.  It's definitely a personal record.

Otherwise, life is pretty much normal.  Sport is doing fabulously.  We took him to the vet before school ended and found out that he had whipworms, which was easily killed with three days of anti-parasitic medication.  He is also fifty-five pounds now!  When we got him, he was supposedly only about forty pounds.  And he is so, so sweet.  He loves to snuggle up with Mom and me, and he is never demanding or loud.  He always has to be where Mom and I are, so he'll follow us around the house.  He's still timid with strangers, and even sometimes with Mom and me, but that's okay.  And he loves the snow.  Whenever we let him out, the first thing he does is eat a couple of mouthfuls, and then he'll toss the snow up in the air and run away, as if he's trying to be a certain distance away before it lands again.  He runs circles around the yard like a horse or a gazelle.  It's really amazing to watch.  Sure, he has his moments, but so do all dogs, and he's still a puppy, so he's allowed to get a little goofy.  The other animals are all doing well too, and are enjoying having someone home all the time.

Everybody waiting for Mom to get home.

Snuggling brothers  =)

OH!  I can't believe I almost forgot.  Another movie you guys have to see when you have the time is The Hobbit:  The Desolation of Smaug.  AWESOME movie.  Cassie, our boy Richard Armitage puts on a stellar performance, and Maggie, our favorite dwarf (i.e., Kili) has some amazing moments!  And Smaug was amazing.  Benedict Cumberbatch did a fabulous job with his vocals, and they incorporated a lot of the dialogue from the book to great effect (like when Smaug is bragging about how awesome he is).  There's action and adventure and Legolas and a badass female elf (I think her name is Tauriel), and a couple of rulers who are awesome in their not-so-awesomeness.  So yes, go see The Hobbit.  You will not regret it.

But...so...before The Hobbit is a preview of a movie called Maleficent - the story of Sleeping Beauty from Maleficent's side.  The thing is...Maleficent is played by Angelina Jolie.  Thoughts?  I personally am a little wary of it because I dislike that actress a lot, but I wonder what you guys think.  The makeup job on her looks stellar if that helps.

I'm sorry I posted late.  I passed out cold yesterday after cleaning.

Love and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment