Thursday, February 20, 2014

Can we just say we're off by a week?

Hey guys, I'm gonna take Heidi's prompt for this week, and I'll provide one next week, 'kay? My parents were in town, and I kinda... forgot. Oops!

Anyway, I would LOVE to see The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern turned into a movie, with Tom Hiddleston as the main Marco (technically it needs to be dual cast, or actually triple if you count the young version) [EDIT: I have found my dual cast! Tom Hiddleston and JJ Feild sharing the role of Marco would be perfect, please and thank you, can this happen NOW?!], Liam Neeson as A.H., Jim Broadbent or Colm Meaney (or someone like them who has an American accent, because technically the character is American) as Hector Bowen, and maybe Jennifer Lawrence as Celia (I'm not that up on twenty-something actresses with American accents right now). Oh and Asa Butterfield as Bailey (or maybe young Marco) and Karen Gillan as the Burgess twins and, well, probably a pair of unknowns as Poppet and Widget, cause I don't know any young Scottish actors.

As for why, besides the fact that it has been one of my absolute favorite novels for a long time (did I put it on my survey? I should check), I think it could be absolutely beautifully done, contrasting the stark black-and-white of the circus to the beautiful magical creations of Marco and Celia.

And yes, somebody has bought the rights, but nobody is even working on casting yet. Who knows if they're even working on the screenplay. But it NEEDS TO HAPPEN. I'll do it myself if necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment