Monday, February 10, 2014

Well...SOME of this might be news... :)

General:

Favorite place to shop: book stores, craft stores, and office supply stores. God, I'm a nerd.
Favorite place to eat/type of food: I'm a big fan of BDubs, and Panera and Qdoba are always safe bets, and I miss the Cookie Jar in an almost tangible way.
Favorite genre of music and artist: Does it make me sound like too much of a hipster if I make up my own genres? Like, I like "Power Piano" -- think The Piano Guys -- and also "A Capella Cover Songs" -- Peter Hollens -- and also "Non-Whiny-Girl-Indie-Music" (a vastly different genre than Whiny Girl Indie Music, which I can't stand) -- Sara Barielles.
Favorite (real) animal (fictional comes later, don't worry): Owls, elephants, and giraffes
Favorite type of clothing: Cardigans. Love cardigans.

Colors:

Favorite single color: Deep, dark blue or purple
Favorite pair of colors (TOGETHER, not just your first favorite and second favorite): navy and bronze (no surprise there) or purple and brown
Color you wear most often (if different than favorite): purple
Color scheme of current place of residence (if applicable): yellow and cream, not necessarily by choice, but I don't mind it.

General Books (there is an entire section on Harry Potter later, so non-HP please!):

Most coveted fictional item: Non Harry Potter? Everything in the Grimm Legacy (from The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman)
Current favorite novel/series: Oh, geez. You're killin' me. The Graceling Trilogy by Kristin Cashore. Or The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.
Favorite character from said novel: Brigan from the former, Cinder from the latter
What is it about the novel you like: The Graceling books are some of the most innovative and imaginative fantasy I've read in years; The Lunar Chronicles are some of the most innovative and imaginative fairy tale adaptation I've read in years.
Favorite "classic": Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen and North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
All time favorite author/series: You're killin' me. You're just killin' me. All time fave author, John Green and Markus Zusak. All time favorite series: Harry Potter, The Enchanted Forest Chronicles, The Immortals Quartet, The Circle of Magic series, the Elemental Masters, the 500 Kingdoms
Preferred format for reading (hardback, paperback, ebook): Paperback

Harry Potter:

House affiliation (Chosen or Pottermore): Ravenclaw
Wand makeup (Chosen or Pottermore): rowan, 10 inches, unicorn hair core, slightly springy
Your Patronus (Chosen or from a quiz): fox
Favorite book (extras included): Prisoner of Azkaban for the series, Beedle the Bard for the extras
Favorite movie: Deathly Hallows Part 1
Favorite character(s): Thank you for the (s). Neville, Remus, Hermione, Luna, McGonagall
Favorite villain (if applicable and different from favorite character): I like my villains grey, so Draco and Narcissa
Favorite pairing: Rose and Scorpius. But if you mean characters we actually meet and interact with, Ron and Hermione or Dean and Luna (don't give me that look; I ship it so hard, guys)
Favorite spell: Lumos
Favorite potion: Draught of Peace
Favorite fantastical beast: phoenix
Most coveted magical item: Time Turner. I would use it sparingly, but good gracious would that be nice
Most coveted power/spell/potion (if different from favorite): General housekeeping spells

Non-HP nerdy-ness:

Other fandoms to which you belong: West Wing, HIMYM, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Lizzie Bennet Diaries (and Pemberly Digital), Firefly
Current favorite television series(es) and favorite character: HIMYM, the Mother; Sherlock, John Watson
Ended/cancelled favorite television series(es) and favorite character (if applicable): West Wing, CJ or Charlie; Firefly, Simon or Kaylee; Boy Meets World, Mr Feeny; Star Trek: Voyager, Seven of Nine
Favorite movie and character: Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, Eric
Current favorite video game (if applicable): not applicable
Current favorite comic book series (if applicable): not applicable
Fictional character you'd most like to cosplay: Rowena Ravenclaw. Or Kaylee
Favorite fictional animal (any mythology you like): Dragons. Benevolent takes on dragons.
Favorite fairy tale: Just. Killing. Me. East of the Sun, West of the Moon and The Lute Player
Favorite genre of book/comic/movie/tv: fantasy or adaptation
Most anticipated release of 2014 (of any kind): The Fault in Our Stars movie, the Divergent movie, The Book Thief DVD, The Blood of Olympus, Cress

Other:

Current hobbies (if applicable): I read, I write, I craft, I cross stitch
Collections (if applicable): owls, giraffes, nerdy jewelry
Favorite way to relax: music and books
Favorite hot drink/sweet treat: hot chocolate with raspberry, blackberry tea, Reese's Pieces

Any other obsessions: Um, not really?
Any allergies or dislikes: I don't like coffee, I'm allergic to bananas, animals make my face explode, and I don't do bracelets
Items you can't find near you that you miss: COOKIE JAR.
"Guilty" pleasure: Subway Surf. I don't want to talk about it.
Technology you can't live without: phone and computer

No comments:

Post a Comment