Saturday, November 2, 2013

So Many...

I really do wish I had the time to do NaNoWriMo.  There are numerous stories in my head that I would love to flush out, if for no other reason than I've only ever completely finished ONE of my novel-length story ideas.  It's not even a very good one, either...

First and foremost would be my Oz / Wonderland / Neverland series.  I'm pretty sure everyone knows what I'm talking about, right?  It started in senior year of undergrad as a final project for Heath Diehl's (Re)Visioning Oz class, a class that I had to drop.  The story idea, however, has remained, and I've been slowly working on it bit by bit.  The trouble is, there are still some major plot points that I still can't decide upon, along with relationships between the characters that my head refuses to finalize.  Only when I finish with Oz can I move on to Wonderland, and only after Wonderland is done will I be able to start brainstorming for Neverland.  Maybe someday, when I'm all established...

But I also have a set of characters that I would love to write a story about, I just don't know what that story will be yet.  Basically...erm...they're kind of based on us.  I have sketches done already, and character profiles, but what I'm going to do with them is still up in the air completely (or...should I say up in my head...?).  I'm going back and forth between doing a fluffed-up version of our lives in undergrad or doing something ridiculous and putting things like werewolves, fairies, goblins, and other fantastical creatures in there too.  I think it would be cool to do a semi-autobiographical series, but that just sounds so BORING!!  I'm not used to writing things that have nothing to do with magic or ancient times or enchanted this-and-thats.

There are a couple of others, but those are the big two.  I have a set of comic ideas that I would love to work on as well - just little comic strips about my animals and the idiocy of daily life with goofy pets.  BUT I'm horrible at drawing animals, so that means practicing, and practicing takes time...which I don't have much of in the way of "free" time.

I love these topics, where we get to spout off about our artistic endeavors.  I can't wait to read the rest of yours!  Have good weeks, and I love you guys!

2 comments:

  1. I have no problem with you putting us into the fantasy world we all deserved to be born in, just don't stick me with any vampires, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Hint taken, Cassie =P

    ReplyDelete