Thursday, November 7, 2013

Writing takes motivation!

Oh dear. You know how many stories have been running around in my head for years and never managed to write? I'll give you a hint - I don't even know! The problem is writing takes constant motivation, which I just don't always have. I need something like Nanowrimo (or just a straight up deadline) to get anything done. I honestly want to be a writer someday, but I know I'm going to have to find somebody to read/comment on my work on a pretty much constant basis, so that I have deadlines for finishing things (anybody want to volunteer?)

So. For stories that I haven't written/finished:
  • I technically "finished" this one for Nanowrimo 2011, but Transdimensional Lending Library needs some pretty epic editing, as well as at least one sequel to make any kind of sense.
  • I am DETERMINED to rewrite my Sleeping Beauty retelling from Diehl's class in 2010.
  • Somebody (probably me) needs to write a musical steampunk story. I'm thinking Mozart + automatons here guys. It would be AWESOME.
  • I also have an idea that's about us, though mine is more about what our time at Hogwarts would have been like. I've been going to write it for a Christmas present for ya'll for years, and it just never seems to happen. Maybe one day!
But right now, the story most consuming my mind is a fanfic for OUAT. You see, I think there is an EPIC backstory to be had about Pan, and I seriously have about 90% of the episode worked out in my head. I also would like to write a Christmas episode of OUAT (or possibly OUAT Wonderland) that uses the story of the Nutcracker. Rumple would be Herr Drosselmeyer, of course, and I might even combine this and Pan's backstory by making him either the prince, or the brother.

All of this kind of assumes that one day I will have time to write something that's NOT scholarly (seriously, I am starting to hate this paper/week class. I only have three left, but I dread going to class every. Single. Week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment