Friday, April 4, 2014

The future is both scary and exciting

It's my week to choose again, and for the second week in a row, I'm planning ahead! I'm so proud of myself.

This week, for me, has been all about planning my future - what classes am I taking next fall, can my summer internship count for credit, how many more YEARS of coursework do I have, how can I get the school to allow me to do a minor that might not exist after next year (aka how do I hack the system) etc. etc. So, I want you to talk about your futures! But, since I couldn't decide and it's kind of close to a few topics we've already done, I'm going to give you three options.

Option A: Do you have a bucket list and when is its end-date (i.e. "10 things I want to do before I'm 35")? Describe 2-3 things on it, tell us why/where you got the ideas, and how you see yourself accomplishing them.

Option B: Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? (Admittedly this is similar to the "what's your 5 year plan" topic, though now, of course, I can't find the topic prompt for that... Anyways, if you did that one, then choose one of the others) It's okay if these plans are entirely fantastical - I mean, I keep telling myself I'm gonna be done with coursework in 2.5 years, and frankly, that's overly optimistic. And let's face it, my dream job will probably never happen.

Option C: Everyone always talks about what they want to tell their 10 or 15-year-old self - what would you like to tell your future self?

No comments:

Post a Comment