Saturday, September 14, 2013

Harry Potter Lives Again!!!

So, it's Maggie's week to choose a topic, but as Maggie is pretty miserably ill at the moment, I'm not going to make her. I'm gonna switch weeks with her. I'll provide the topic today. And the topic is this (it's Harry Potter related. I'm never going to get tired of talking about Harry Potter, so please let me know if you all have a threshold for it, okay?):

You have all, I hope, by now heard the news that JK Rowling is writing screenplays for a new Harry Potter movie series based around Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and the adventures of Newt Scamander. You have also, I hope, heard that the stories will be set largely in 1920s New York, a time before Harry and Voldemort and all our most familiar characters. So my question for discussion is this:

Directly related to the movie, what are you hoping to see? This is largely uncharted territory, after all. We're not going to go into the movie knowing a plotline or characters or anything like that. So what would you like to learn from the movies?

Secondly, more general, what more do you want to know about the wizarding world in general? What do you wish could have been included in the books?

Have at and celebrate, my fellow Potterheads!

No comments:

Post a Comment