Saturday, January 4, 2014

Resolutions

Happy new year to all!

So, what will I change about myself this year?  I guess there's a lot of answers to that, which I further guess is a good thing, right?  I know not all changes are good, but that is the goal: to better myself  =)

First, I resolve to get a job quickly after earning my paralegal certificate.  I have an internship with the local public defender's office, and in the past, they have created jobs for paralegal interns who they thought have rocked enough to stay.  I would love for that to happen, but should it not, the networking and experience will be invaluable.

Really, the resolution is more about moving out, and I resolve to, at least, start looking for a house or condo to call my own.  This, of course, cannot happen without an income, which cannot happen without a job, hence the previous resolution  =P  It's not that I don't love my mother.  I love her more than anyone in the world.  But it's time to be on my own.  It's time to be a big girl and stop being dependent on Mommy.

Third is working out.  There is a sorely-neglected elliptical machine downstairs in the basement that Mom wants to bring up, and I resolve to start using it.  I also received a Pilates workout tape for Christmas that I can't wait to start using.  I want to make the elliptical and Pilates tape into a regimen, starting out with three times per week and working up to four or five times per week.  I don't want to lose weight.  I just want to feel better about myself.  I feel like I don't have any energy, my appetite is screwy, I have no endurance, I've been feeling a little down in the dumps, and when it comes to heavy lifting, I'm next to useless.  From what I understand, working out can help in all of these areas, and I am greatly looking forward to the effects.  I plan on getting a set of weights and a yoga mat to help enhance the workout even more.  That way I won't feel so useless and pathetic when helping people do things.

There are other things that I want to do this year, but they're not so much resolutions as they are general goals for the next couple of years.  I want to take some sort of martial arts or self-defense class (I believe I mentioned a Jiujitsu academy close by) and to perhaps get my CCW permit and corresponding firearm.  Maybe those things will happen in 2014, but if they don't, that's okay.

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe new years eve.  Be careful out there, too!  The snow (at least up here) is getting a little insane!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment