Thursday, January 16, 2014

What the heck am I supposed to do with this?!

Alright ladies, so I have about 8 seconds to talk about the letter 8.

Whoops, I mean number. Can you tell it's the first week of school, plus I've been working extra? *is a zombie*

I was gonna do this whole thing about how I, unlike most people who have 5- or 10-year plans, have an 8-year plan, but I ran out of time, so basically, I am seriously hoping I will be graduated and have my first major career-path job 8 years from now. That's the important stuff. Trust me, you didn't miss much.

I also had this really cute short story planned out in my head that had a lot to do with the letter number 8, but considering I didn't have time to write up a factual post, you can imagine how much time I had for fiction. I'm not telling you what it is though, cause maybe I'll get to use it for another post someday.

8 is actually a number I've seen a lot lately. For example, yesterday I figured out that if I take 3 classes per semester I will take approximately 8 more semesters to graduate. Since I have been taking 4 classes per semester, this is a nice thing to know. On the other hand, starting next year I will also have an assistanceship, so perhaps it will be a good idea to cut back. We shall see.

Also, (I just HAVE to work this in somehow, because BIG NEWS) 8 is twice as many months as I have until May. You know what's happening in May? Katie does, because I *might* have screamed at her over the phone about it for eight minutes or so. It's a super good thing, and I'll give you a hint: it's going to mean I'm much more busy than I thought I would be this semester, but in a good way.

Give up? Okay, I'll tell you. I GOT A PAPER ACCEPTED TO A CONFERENCE! Like a real "big-people's" conference, where real scholars present. In fact, it's kinda the Film Music Conference in the United States. WOOHOO! Where does the busy part come from, you ask? Currently the paper is about twice as long as it should be, and according the comments I got back from my professor, needs a s**t-ton of work to, you know, not suck (wording-wise, mostly. He liked my concepts, so there's that.) Add to this four other courses, all of which will have final projects due sometime around two weeks before this conference, and yeah, I'd say you probably won't hear from me anytime between April and June.

This post has been brought to you by the letter number 8 (seriously, I keep doing that. And I claim to be an academic librarian! SHAME ON ME!!!) Also (quite by accident, I might add) it has 8 paragraphs. Now excuse me while I go see if I can find some sleep somewhere (maybe I left it under the bed...)

No comments:

Post a Comment