Saturday, August 10, 2013

Mostly Media

You're right, there is a LOT of new media being released this coming fall and spring, and I'm pretty stoked about it.  I would be looking more forward to all of it, though, if I had you guys nearer to me so I could enjoy it with you.  I have little to no social life except for texting and iMessage (which is awesome, don't get me wrong), so I've been feeling pretty alone.

BUT, that wasn't the question.  The question was, "What are you looking forward to?"  First of all, I can't wait for Thor 2: The Dark World.  Yeah, okay, I love me some Loki, but I know they're kind of slowly weeding him out of the movies, and he isn't going to be in the second Avengers coming out in a couple of years, but his beauty has kind of lost its luster for me (not that Tom Hiddleston isn't beautiful, of course...I would still only just be able to contain myself if I ever met him randomly on the street).  It's more Asgard!  And Elves!  And Chris Eccleson (sp?) is the lead elf!  It makes my geeky side feel all warm and fuzzy to think of Doctor #9 dressing up as an elf and terrorizing the Norse god of thunder  =P  Along those lines, there's also Captain America: The Winter Soldier hitting theaters early next year.  Basically, just about anything Avengers related is going to turn me into a little fangirl again, and I'm pretty stoked about that movie.  Then there's the third season of "Once Upon a Time" hitting the air soon as well, and that has me all kinds of excited, even though I have to finish season 2 yet...(I know, I know!  Don't judge me!).  I also really want to see Catching Fire at some point, although I don't think I'll be seeing that movie in theaters.  I just finished reading the book about half an hour ago, and there are some scenes that are so bloody and graphic that I don't want to be haunted by them on a big screen.  Better to see them on my 36" at home, you know?  There are also several book series (recommended by Anne, FYI) that I would like to continue reading.  I think a few of them have books either coming out soon or just recently released, and I've been reading a lot lately.

Mostly, though, I'm looking forward to school.  I start on August 24th, a Saturday morning, and unlike undergrad, I couldn't give a damn if I tried about having a weekend class.  A Saturday class is better than no class at all, and with Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday off, I can't really justify complaining.  I'll be studying again, going to class, and learning a specific skill set that, if I play things right, will launch me into the rest of my life.  I'm so excited to start, and to quit my boring teller job in order to do it.  And the program is only two semesters, so hopefully by this time next year I'll already have my first paralegal job.

I also have a bit of a three-year plan, one that essentially involves me becoming self-sufficient.  I want to get a good-paying job (I don't need to be a millionaire, I just want enough to live on by myself), move out of Mom's house, and finally take care of all of my own bills.  I want my own car insurance, my own phone account, and my own health/dental/eye insurance.  I am sick of bleeding Mom dry monetarily, and I feel a little more horrible about it every time she pays for something for me.  I even feel bad when I go out to have fun (rare as it is) because it usually means spending money that I know I should be saving.  I want to have my own little house on a quiet street where I can live with my Crazy Cat Lady Starter Kit (a.k.a. Saloona, Blitz, and Jack-Jack).  I also want to take a class in auto mechanics because I'm sick of feeling like a stupid female whenever I have car trouble, and I want to learn how to drive a manual transmission.  I will also, at some point, be getting my Carry a Concealed Weapon permit and buying a firearm because I have realized recently that I cannot depend on anyone but myself to protect me.

Huh...that got a little more psychotherapeutic than I was planning...sorry about that, guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment