Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I still don't understand why anyone would want to hang out at a bar

Excellent topic!

I've been thinking about this a lot, and there are a few things I could mention, but I think the biggest thing that has changed for me is my taste in alcohol.

In undergrad, I didn't like alcohol, any form of it, and I was sure I never would. But over the years, as friends have encouraged me to try one form of drink or another, things have slowly changed.

Today, I can sip regular beers, wines, and champagnes without a problem (if someone hands one to me and feel obligated; like on News Years), but I still don't find them to be enjoyable or anything that I would choose to drink.

But I do enjoy apple and raspberry flavored Smirnoff, this desert wine called "Delicia," and there's a strawberry milkshake vodka mix that I absolutely love. And I'm rather fond of amaretto sours. I was recently at a graduation party where someone brought home-made sangria that was wonderful and I can't wait to hunt down the recipe for.

In short, I like mixed and flavored drinks. I still won't go out to a bar, and I don't like to have more than one or two drinks at a time, but I do like to have some form of an alcoholic beverage in the fridge to enjoy every once in a while, which for me is like every few weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment