Wednesday, March 12, 2014

YAY, Books!

Day 02 - A book or series you wish more people were reading and talking about.

I really like The Star Shards Chronicles. I originally found them in a bargain bin in a book store, so I assume they weren't selling well. But they looked interesting, and I read them, and I love them. And I wish more people knew about them an loved them as well.

Day 07 - Least favourite plot device employed by way too many books you actually enjoyed otherwise

When a character does something out of character or something completely illogical for the sake of the plot. It just completely ruins the story for me, especially if it's a series. Usually, if it's just one book, I can look past it (as long as it only happens once), but I've given up on book series when they employ that plot gimmick way too many times. Sorry, I was enjoying you, but no.

Day 26 - OMG WTF? OR most irritating/awful/annoying book ending

Tess of the D'urbervilles. WTF? Seriously.

Day 32 - Bad book habit? Do you ever dog-ear books? Do you ever write in the margins of your books? Not even with textbooks?

As most of you girls know, I'm very meticulous about taking care of my books. I don't dog-ear them, I don't crease spines, I don't write in the margins, and I don't use my dust jackets as bookmarks. But I do skip to the last page of every book to read the ending before I've actually gotten all the way through it. Every single book, the only exception being the Harry Potter series.

Day 40 - What is your policy on book lending?


Only if I know you are trustworthy enough to give it back or if I don't care about the book enough to care if you give it back.

Day 55 - Favourite film adaptation of a novel? Most disappointing film adaptation?

Favorite - honestly, any movie adaptation that I prefer to the book.
Most Disappointing - Ella Enchanted. Excuse me while I go cry in the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment