Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Your Eyes Do Not Deceive You

OMG? WHAT? MAGGIE?  Where the hell did you come from?

. . . . Hi!  Soooooooooooooo, it's been a while, 'cause I'm awful at remembering to post.  I usually am thinking of you guys and I go, "Oh yeah, I need to post." And then it never happens. 

Story of my life.  

Anyways. On with the questions!!!



Day 01 - A book series you wish had gone on longer OR a book series you wish would just freaking end already (or both!)  

Lemony Snicket  -You did not need 13 books.  I understand why you wanted them but the middle few are just painful to get through. 

There's a Manga called X-day.  It was only 2 volumes but it was freaking amazing and I wished they did more with it!  The ending, while realistic and fitting with the tone and the mood of the series (oooohhh look at me getting all English teacher-y), wasn't as satisfying as one would hope.  



Day 25 - Any five books from your "to be read" stack

1. Divergent 
2. Night
3. The Wave
4. Fahrenheit 451 

*All 4 of these are books we are reading in English 10 and I need to read them . . . not that it's really happening but you know.  I tried.

5. Shatterglass
*OMG I LOVE TAMORA PERICE - this is the last book in the Circle Opens quartet and I don't want it to end!!!


Day 40 - What is your policy on book lending?

They can keep it for all I care.   I very rarely re-read books.  It's hard enough for me to read through them the first time.  Honestly my policy is if I can't remember what you borrowed, then obviously I didn't care that much.  Now - this does not apply to ANY of my signed copies of books.  That's why you buy a non-signed copy. 



Day 52 - Favorite fictional villain?

Umbridge - she unites people in hatred against her. . . no one likes that bitch. 




Day 54 - What distracts you easily when you’re reading?

Everything.  Literally anything. . .oh shiny. . .sorry what was I saying?  Right I get super distrac




Day 55 - Favourite film adaptation of a novel? Most disappointing film adaptation?

Ok my favorite adaptation isn't of a novel per se - it's a graphic novel.  Batman: Under The Red Hood.  It was brilliant, wonderful. As a stand alone and with background.  They did a great job filling things in for people who are so-so with Batman, but stuck so true to the story line, and got such good actors that for a veteran like me it was like reading the book for the first time all over again. 

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters : WTF Why is Kronos alive? What the hell? Who is that? Is that supposed to be . . . ?  Are you freaking serious?  *Summary of my watching experience* 



Day 56 - The most money I've ever spent in the book shop at one time?

Don't want to talk about it. 


OK, well.  I miss you all terrible and hope to see you soon!!!  

LOVE!!!!!!! Mags  


1 comment:

  1. "Divergent" is awesome. You will not regret reading it.

    ReplyDelete